Fall couldn’t get here any faster, and, although this is a household favorite year-round recipe, it is particularly perfect for the cooler, fall days ahead. What I love the most about this Carrot Pineapple Bundt Cake recipe is that the cake is spongy with just the right amount of moist, and it is not overly sweet. The carrot and the pineapple really complement each other well in terms of flavour, and the walnuts give it just the right amount of crunch (not to mention that they are a fall staple ingredient). I know I’ve repeated myself a lot, but just picture yourself in a big, cozy sweater, under a fluffy blanket, drinking your first cup of coffee and having this cake for breakfast – really what fall dreams are made of, amiright?
So, without further ado, lets dive into this recipe so you can enjoy a piece of cake as soon as possible!
Carrot Pineapple batter
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1.5 tsps baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups of vegetable oil (canola oil should work just as well)
- 2.5 cups of grated carrots
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (make sure you strain as much juice out of the pineapples as possible)
- 2 cups of walnuts – optional (you can use pecans or the nuts of your choice)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350C. While the oven is pre-heating, grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder).
- Mix in the brown sugar and add eggs and vegetable oil. Mix until combined.
- Add in your grated carrots, walnuts and crushed pineapple. Make sure you remove as much juice from your grated pineapples as possible. You can do this by using a sieve or paper towel to squeeze the juice out.
- Pour your batter into the previously greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 45-55min or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out dry.
- To remove, turn the bundt pan upside down onto a cooling rack.
To prepare the frosting:
- Beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a microwave safe container and warm up in the microwave for 30s to a minute (depending on your microwave’s power). The glaze should be fairly liquid.
- Pour onto your cooled cake, serve and enjoy!
If you end up trying this recipe, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear your experience!